- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We are the company creates ultra-clean, flawlessly built, highly functional websites built in the WordPress content management system, utilizing the incredible Divi framework; uses SEO to take your company website to the top of the search engines; develops brand identity systems to ensure that your company’s message is transmitted to your customers; and offer other digital media services to promote your business.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so-for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Email Address: We ask you to login to your website through WordPress using your Email Address.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with us about a support question, or if you choose to receive your invoices through email.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you browse our website SYZYGY 1 Media.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services-for example, to setup web hosting and domain registration accounts;
- To further develop and improve our Services-for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them with online marketing;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of SYZYGY 1 Media and others, which may result in us declining the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by SYZYGY 1 Media and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on SYZYGY 1 Media and our other products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to establish your WordPress login for your website; or
(2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it–which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information–and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of SYZYGY 1 Media’s websites, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 365 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to SYZYGY 1 Media’s websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, SYZYGY 1 Media does not respond to “do not track” signals across all our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using SYZYGY 1 Media’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of SYZYGY 1 Media’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we’d be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your account. Please email us for getting your account closed. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Controllers and Responsible Company
SYZYGY 1 Media’s Services are provided by:
SYZYGY 1 Media Group
Basehor, KS 66007
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
This is our current policy, last updated on May 24, 2018.
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data please contact us.
It is SYZYGY 1 Media’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, SYZYGY 1 Media collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. SYZYGY 1 Media’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how SYZYGY 1 Media’s visitors use its website. From time to time, SYZYGY 1 Media may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
SYZYGY 1 Media also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users. SYZYGY 1 Media only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to SYZYGY 1 Media’s choose to interact with SYZYGY 1 Media in ways that require SYZYGY 1 Media to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that SYZYGY 1 Media gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for an account to provide an email address. SYZYGY 1 Media collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with SYZYGY 1 Media. SYZYGY 1 Media does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
SYZYGY 1 Media discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on SYZYGY 1 Media’s behalf or to provide services available at SYZYGY 1 Media’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using SYZYGY 1 Media’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. SYZYGY 1 Media will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, SYZYGY 1 Media discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when SYZYGY 1 Media believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of SYZYGY 1 Media, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user at SYZYGY 1 Media and have supplied your email address, SYZYGY 1 Media may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with SYZYGY 1 Media. We expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. SYZYGY 1 Media takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If SYZYGY 1 Media, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that SYZYGY 1 Media goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of SYZYGY 1 Media may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.